Sea-Run Fly & Tackle’s Pink Salmon Top 5
Hello fellow salmon fishing enthusiasts! The 2015 summer pink salmon season is just getting started and Sea-Run Fly & Tackle would like to help you prepare for this great and very fun fishery. We will be providing weekly updates throughout the summer. To start, we have put together a list of the top 5 fishing spots, fly patterns, casting and trolling lures. All of the items mentioned below are available for purchase at the shop. Don’t forget to check the fishing regulations before venturing out on the water. Fresh and saltwater fishing licenses can also be purchased at Sea-Run Fly & Tackle. If you have any questions then we would love to hear from you. Give us a call anytime at 604-931-5044 for more up to date salmon fishing information.
Sea-Run Fly & Tackle’s Top 5 Pink Salmon Fishing Spots
There are many pink salmon fishing spots throughout BC. Here are a few of our favourites. These spots are easily accessible and suitable for beginner to advance anglers. They are all within a 1.5 hour drive from Downtown Vancouver. Download a printable PDF version!
1. Furry Creek Beach (Howe Sound) – Prime Time July 20th – August 25th
2. Squamish River Downstream of Mamquam River Confluence – Prime Time July 25th – September 15th
3. Vedder/Chilliwack River (Chilliwack) Prime Time August 20th – October 1st
4. Harrison River – Prime Time September 1st – October 15th
5. Fraser River (Richmond – Hope) – August 20th – October 1st
Sea-Run Fly & Tackle’s Top 5 Pink Salmon Flies
Pink salmon are a great target for fly fishers because of their willingness to bite a fly. Here are 5 of our all-around favourite patterns. These top 5 flies and the materials to tie them are available for purchase at the shop all summer long.
1. Pink & White Clouser Minnows – #6, #4, #2
2. Pink Comet – #8, #6, #4
3. Pink Handle Bar – #8, #6, #4
4. Pink Terror – #10, #8
5. Pink Beach Comber – #8
If you’d like to learn how to fly fish then check out 2 Day Beginners Fly Fishing School!
Sea-Run Fly & Tackle’s Top 5 Casting Lures
Casting lures for pink salmon is a very effective method that can be used to cover both freshwater and saltwater opportunities. Here are our top 5 favourites.
1. Pink & White/Pink & Chartreuse Mega Watt Spoon – 1/4oz, 3/8oz 1/4oz
2. Pink Gibbs Croc Spoon – 3/16 oz, 1/4 oz 3/8 oz
3. Pink Buzz Bomb – 1.5”, 2”, 2.5” / Zzinger .5oz, 1.5oz
4. Pink / Silver Vibrax Spinner – #2, #3, #4
5. Pink Curly Tail Twitching Jig - 1/8oz #4, #6, #2
Sea-Run Fly & Tackle’s Top 5 Trolling Lures
Trolling for pink salmon is both fun and productive method. Double and even tripleheaders aren’t unusual. Be sure to have a lightweight setup for maximum enjoyment. No downriggers are necessary, as these fish tend to swim high in the water column.
1. Pink / Pearl Dick Nite Spoon – #1, #2, #3
2. Pink Goldstar Hoochie – 2.5”
3. Blue Glitter Flat Fish – F5, F6, F7
4. Pink Rooster Tail Spinner – 1/8oz, 1/6oz
5. UV Pink Goldstar Kingfisher Spoon – 3.5”
For up to date info you can contact us at [email protected] or call us at 604-931-5044. Stop by the shop and get stocked up before for your next salmon fishing adventure #110-1140 Austin Ave Coquitlam. If you haven’t signed up for our email newsletter do it now! Download a printable PDF version!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/searun
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/searunflytackle
Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/searunflyandtackle
Visit us online: http://www.sea-run.com
Email us: [email protected]